Over 1000 employee work in our Prague branch, building together strong finance and IT hub. Thanks to in-depth cooperation with our HQ in Frankfurt and Luxemburg, we are in daily touch with fascinating world of business, continuous change and challenges of modern world.
As an international exchange organization and innovative market infrastructure provider, Deutsche Börse Group offers its customers a wide range of products, services and technologies covering the entire value chain of financial markets.
To support our mission, we are currently looking for a professional to overtake the position of:
PaaS and OpenShift Engineer (m/f/d)
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organizations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment, you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services, and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
There are numerous good reasons to work for us: stable, multi-culture and employee friendly company, an excellent location in Karlin, attractive social benefits such as fully covered sick leave and maternity leave or the broad variety of career opportunities. Among other perks, we provide fully paid public transportation card, high-coverage life and accident insurance, pension insurance, sport incentives on premises as well as multisport card and many others.
PaaS and OpenShift Engineer– Energy IT
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement, and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors to access global capital markets. More than a thousand employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group. For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated PaaS and OpenShift Engineer to contribute to the development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services.
- Design and develop an architecture of PaaS infrastructure based on OpenShift 4.x
- Ensuring stable and consistent production environments. *Troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues within the PaaS infrastructure and OpenShift Platform
- Automate the creation of PaaS infrastructure using industry standard tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Understanding security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Design configurations for RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (RHEL) to support OpenShift Platform.
- Design and implement automated deployment and configuration tools for RHEL to support OpenShift Platform.
- Manage image repositories using RedHat Satellite and Artifactory
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- Document software changes and problem resolution steps.
Minimum Qualifications/required skills:
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in System Engineering in critical environments.
- Strong implementation and administration skills for RedHat(-like) environments with hands-on experience on virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- 3+ years of experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift
- 3+ years of administration experience of Kubernetes or OpenShift
- 3+ years of experience working with Jenkins and Artifactory
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Understanding of application protocols (e.g. DNS, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, SMTP) and their behaviors across networks
- Hands-on experience with automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code
- 3+ Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Ansible, Vault, Git, GitHub, Terraform)..
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 7+ years of Linux systems administration experience in supporting highly critical regulated production environments
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
- Good knowledge of the container engines Podman and Buildah
Information about the vacancy
Sokolovská 662/136b, 186 00 Praha-Karlín, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, transport allowance, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, foreign business trips, self-organization of the job, international conferences, dedicated time for innovations
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Deutsche Börse Group
ContactDeutsche Börse Group