Over 1000 employee work in our Prague branch, building together strong finance and IT hub. Thanks to in-depth cooperation with our HQ in Frankfurt and Luxemburg, we are in daily touch with fascinating world of business, continuous change and challenges of modern world.
As an international exchange organization and innovative market infrastructure provider, Deutsche Börse Group offers its customers a wide range of products, services and technologies covering the entire value chain of financial markets.
To support our mission, we are currently looking for a professional to overtake the position of:
Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organizations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 6,700 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment, you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services, and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
There are numerous good reasons to work for us: stable, multi-culture and employee friendly company, an excellent location in Karlin, attractive social benefits such as fully covered sick leave and maternity leave or the broad variety of career opportunities. Among other perks, we provide fully paid public transportation card, high-coverage life and accident insurance, pension insurance, sport incentives on premises as well as multisport card and many others.
Systems Engineer (RHEL, VMware)– Energy IT
Deutsche Börse Group is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. Our global success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of Deutsche Börse and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group. For our Section "Energy IT”, we are looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to contribute development and operations of critical infrastructure for 24/7 services.
- Daily operation of RHEL Linux infrastructure which is heavily virtualized on VMware 6.x.
- Ensuring stable and consistent production environments.
- Implement infrastructure automation with scripts and RestAPI
- Understanding security best practices and proactively looking to strengthen security posture
- Propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our Energy IT.
- Write automation tools and scripts to integrate with other projects
- Participation in On-Call rotation
- Collaborate with central Network, Storage and Datacenter team in order to ensure coherent operations on Energy IT infrastructure
Minimum Qualifications/required skills:
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in System Engineering in critical environments.
- 3+ years of experience in administration of VMware clusters
- 3+ Strong implementation and administration skills for RedHat(-like) environments with hands-on experience on virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding on virtualization including redundancy, availability and resiliency aspects.
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 8/7 (RH Satellite, installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Understanding of application protocols (e.g. DNS, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, SMTP) and their behaviors across networks
- 3+ years of experience with automation scripting
- 3+ years of experience with Everything as Code concept (e.g., Ansible, Hashi Vault, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform)
- 3+ years of experience in GlusterFS
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie or equivalent
- 7+ years of Linux systems administration experience in supporting highly critical regulated production environments
- 7+ years of VMware administration with good understanding on the products and functions (vCenter, vSAN, NSX, DRS, Snapshot, vMotion, FT, HA)
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
- Understanding of containerization concept
Information about the vacancy
Sokolovská 662/136b, 186 00 Praha-Karlín, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, transport allowance, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, foreign business trips, self-organization of the job, international conferences, dedicated time for innovations
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Deutsche Börse Group
ContactDeutsche Börse Group