Awards and Achievements
26. 1. 2017
RISK AWARDS: EUREX IS “EXCHANGE OF THE YEAR”
Eurex takes home the prestigious award “Exchange of the Year” at this year’s award gala, hosted by “Risk” at the Brewery in London. Lee Bartholomew, Head of Fixed Income & FX Product R&D, accepted the award for Eurex. The decision was made by Risk’s editors and journalists, weighing a number of factors, including innovation, liquidity provision and quality of service.
“Over the past few years, Eurex can point to the launch of a clutch of contracts that have rapidly become benchmarks in their own right – quietly revolutionising the way users transfer risk in key markets such as European government debt and equity derivatives in the process. The latest success – December’s launch of total return futures (TRFs) on the Euro STOXX 50® – was spurred by the implementation of the non-cleared margin regime for over-the-counter derivatives. In a little over two full weeks of trading, the contracts racked up 20,130 lots, worth a notional €650 million. Eurex is betting the drive towards greater standardisation among equity derivatives market users and will see TRFs replicate the success it has achieved with its dividend index futures, now a stable hedge for structured equity Dealers,” wrote Risk.
11. 11. 2016
Clearstream is consistently recognised by respected third parties for its leadership in a variety of areas:
- In November 2016, Clearstream won Risk magazine’s Collateral Management Services Provider of the Year award in recognition of the high quality of services delivered by the Global Liquidity Hub.
- Clearstream’s securities lending services won three awards from Global Investor/ISF magazine in 2016. Clearstream was declared the overall winner in the Asia-Pacific region and was highly commended on a global level as well as EMEA for the third time running. Clearstream was also given the prize of most innovative lender for the second year in a row, in recognition of our leading services for central banks under the Global Liquidity Hub.
- Clearstream also achieved excellent results in the Global Custodian magazine’s 2016 Tri-Party Securities Financing Survey, reaching the highest scores in all service areas.
- Clearstream was awarded high scores in Global Custodian’s Agent Banks in Major Markets survey 2016, exceeding the global average scores in nearly all areas. The scores yet again demonstrated the high levels of satisfaction Clearstream’s customers experience with our service offering. Full details are available on the Global Custodian website (for registered subscribers only).
- In July 2016, Clearstream won Goodacre’s “Buy Side Solution” award for its Vestima investment fund processing solutions. Goodacre’s “Systems in the City” awards are handed out to leading service and system suppliers to the regulated financial community in the United Kingdom.
- Our Managed Services Platform, that helps financial institutions outsource their IT infrastructure and associated services, received the “Best IT Financial Solution of the Year” award at the Luxembourg Finance Management Summit on 17 November 2015. This award recognises the business understanding and quality of services delivered by Clearstream and Deutsche Börse.